Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Student-Led Conferences

Today we had a reprieve from the usual grind - Per PYP dogma we do student-led conferences around this time of year. We've got just six weeks left in the school year, one unit of inquiry. If they don't know things by now, they're never going to.

It's been a nice change of pace, actually having students and parents come into my classroom. In the past, I haven't gotten many. Some nights go by without anyone stopping by at all. I have activities set up in my classroom to allow the students to demonstrate what we've been working on (sculpture and printmaking) and talk to their parents about it. I was a little upset this morning when I first came in, because the Year One group leader was insistent on me doing the activities in my room, despite the fact that we discussed it last week. However, in the end I think I liked having it here - I just wish I would have had more time to make my classroom look presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment