Monday, May 13, 2013

Pointillist Bugs - Grade Ten

I've been kind of lax about putting up new blogs here lately.  This is one the tenth graders finished a couple of months back.
I wanted to do a unit on color with them, and hadn't taught them any drawing techniques for a while, so I decided to focus on the pointillist technique, and told them to find a colorful insect to make the subject of their work.
Probably 65% percent of them chose ladybugs.  Remind me next year that NO students are allowed to choose ladybugs.
A few chose insects that were not colorful - we had a few beetles and crawly things.  Some of them (the ones that normally do a great job) really got what pointillism was all about...but of course there were those that were completely clueless.  On the whole, though, I believe I'll use this lesson again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment