Sunday, November 1, 2009

Anklebiter Plague

I've got a headache, my nose is stuffed up, I've had nasty stuff oozing up from my lungs all day, and I'm hungry. There are things about being a teacher that sometimes suck. Like having been sick for a month now. I finally saw the school doctor (because I'm too lazy to go to an outside one) and she said I'd be fine, but right now all I want is to be at home in bed. I probably could have been at home in bed an hour ago, but some people - such as teachers - just don't know when to come in out of the rain. Plus I'm still playing pick-up sticks from last week.

Today I began working on our handprint crabs. The kids handled the discussion of what color water is really well, although I would like to draw in more conversation about color schemes, which I sort of left out. I need to come up with a more efficient way to get them to go through all the colors of oil pastel I'm having them use - giving all five at once and having them switch didn't seem to work too well. I've been dying because the periods just don't seem long enough, and that's something that I'll be addressing with the core teachers, but I think I need to adjust my pacing of the lesson as well. I felt that I should have been able to get through the watercolor resist part of the project today, as well, rather than just drawing the waves. We'll see how much we get through on Tuesday. Aaand, NOW I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment