Monday, November 2, 2009

Mosaics, part two

This was the second lesson we completed on mosaics, and this day got us through the planning stage (humd'Allah). I broke the planner into three sections, and discussed their color and pattern choices with the kids before ticking off the squares they would color in each section, and this helped things work out a little more smoothly than last week. The thing that I really didn't think about with this project is the wear and tear it was going to have on my colored pencils - I had five sets of cheap colored pencils, and not the five colors we've been using are pretty battered. It would have been nice to use crayons, but we only have four sets of crayons to my five tables. Instead, for the fourth year two period I taught today I passed out the markers rather than trying to deal with pencil sharpeners and ruining those colors. I'm thinking I should do that with the other two year twos I have in the next two days.

KG1 cut again today, and I was surprised at the scissor skills! Only a handful of them needed the training scissors. I find myself reassured that I've been able to get though the cutting process with both the classes that have done this this week. Gluing next week should be...interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment