It's another Thursday afternoon. With this blog I will fulfill my twice-weekly commitment to Stephanie, which is better than the last two weeks.
So I had my first after-school club meeting yesterday. Before noon I got a headache, and even though I only had two classes to teach all day, I had a lot of prepping I was doing, and it felt like a much longer day than it actually was, probably because I biked in from home in the morning (note to self: exhausting). There was nothing in me that wanted to go start my club at 3:00...but then I got there and met my girls, and suddenly I had energy and was excited about the whole thing. The girls were really enthusiastic and caught on - well, to some of the moves we did - really fast, and were positive about the ideas I had, to make hip scarves and invite their mothers at the end to have tea and see us dance. And I was a little scared of running out of things to work on, but we got through the fifty minutes with what I planned, no problems. I can't wait for the next one.
Did another set of windchimes yesterday, with a little less chaos than on the previous day. I am concerned about getting them all finished next week - there's quite a lot of clean-up involved, so I might be able to get two of my Monday classes done on the same day...I'll have to stagger out the rest during their extra art period.
Still haven't perfected the art of shrinking. I'll have to work on it over the weekend - I've got over 200 self-portraits to "cook."
No comments:
Post a Comment