Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quick Change Artist

I've heard the term "art on a cart" bandied about for a traveling art teacher. To that I must reply, "I wish." The KG lessons have gone very well, but I've been teaching them out of a basket, and I failed to schedule even one day where my KG lessons were within the same yeargroup. Hence, when I finish one class, I go stoop in the space under the stairs and shift the things I just used from one basket to the floor, and what I'll need next into the basket. It's not terrible, it makes the time go by quickly, but I do feel like I have to hit the ground running. Probably I ought to buy myself a cart, but I hate to spend my money on stuff for school.

Classes have gone incredibly smoothly this week, so of course the Inquisition hasn't been through my class. Of course.

For yesterday's paper houses I drew a red stop line on the paper. This may not sound like much, but suddenly there was a space in which they could write their names, there was a limit to how far they could draw or cut their line. I was going to have them cut and glue their roof before drawing the details of the house but we didn't have enough time for it, so I had them draw a line around the "front" of the house, and told them they should draw the windows and doors inside of it. But it was definitely a lot smoother than when we did it on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment