Saturday, December 19, 2009

Collaboration

In the interests of becoming a more collaborative teacher, I joined the year one teachers for their second collaborative planning session last Wednesday. We discussed their struggles with the unit - how to explain how pattern, texture, and form can express emotions - and the culminating project of the unit. I was planning on doing an expressive self-portrait on shrinky-dink film, and using it to make a pin. The teachers had also been thinking of a self-portrait, so we discussed alternatives on both ends.

As far as the pattern, texture and form question went, I decided to direct my lesson today toward pattern (demonstrating different kinds of patterns besides linear ones and getting started on making a pattern, Andy Warhol style), and am looking into resources for them on texture and form, which I'll post on our server.

Who says I can't collaborate?

No comments:

Post a Comment