Today I mixed up a LOT of paint before starting my lessons. My schedule today consisted of an intro for year one, a KG1, the second lesson for that same year one, another introduction, and lastly a year two starting sculpture, all in a row, which didn't leave a lot of time between for resetting. The good thing about such straight shots is that they just fly by.
So I had the paint mixed, the paper cut, the baskets (of sponges) sorted out, the pictures in the computer all queued up, and flew right through it. The year one intros are five by five, they were easy enough, and other than having the paint ready ahead of time, I didn't make any significant changes to their second lesson, but it did smooth things out quite a bit. Still having difficulty transitioning them out the door - it's hard to keep an eye on them and put their prints into the drying rack at the same time.
For the KG1's, I realized the squares we glued on to create the tread of the tires wouldn't probably hold when we glued the paper into a circle, so I watered down some PVA glue and had the kids paint them on this morning, and that seemed a lot better than using the glue sticks, if a bit messier.
The year two class today had a hard time focusing on the story, which I read, cliffnotes style. It's a hard dynamic. I just barely managed to get through the lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment