Sunday, April 25, 2010

Too Many Cooks

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate input. However, I look forward to the day when I don't have to do my weekly lessons in front of a classroom teacher. This is because it's a little nervewracking having to teach in front of someone all the time, to feel like (and honestly, to know) they are judging you every single week. And to constantly have their input.

Year Ones last week made veggie prints. For the most part, they did okay, at least after the first lesson I taught it...my organization and pacing improved a lot, and I didn't end the class nearly as frustrated after the first time. I realized they really only needed to wash their hands ONE time, that I had enough sponges that I didn't have to try to wash them between classes, and that I was really kind of okay to limiting their color choices. This week we'll be drawing our still-lifes, and next week we'll draw them onto the polystyrene plates. But I feel like I need to go to the Daiso store tonight and buy a bunch of junk for them to choose between to create their own still-lifes to express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment